Sunday, December 21, 2014

Hawaiian Baby Quilt

I posted about this quilt here when I made the top. I donated one to the Power of the Quilt Project, and the top of this one went in a box. A few months ago I was going through my UFOs and matching them with backings. I dug up a perfect tropical print, and I finished the quilt. It is going to be for my first grandchild. I don't have any grandchildren right now, and my kids are 16 and 20. But someday! I got most of the fabric with Peter on a trip to Hawaii in 1991.

This is the back (no label yet, typical). I found this tropical print years ago. I just liked it; it was an impulse purchase. I think Cathy was a baby then, so it was about 20 years ago. It sat folded in a bin with other large pieces of fabric all that time, waiting for me to attach it to its soul mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment