Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Almost to full rows

Normally I wait until I've finished something before putting it in a post. But this project is going to take a long time to piece, and I work on it every day. Well almost every day. My goal is to sew two stacks together every day. In this picture, I am down to four stacks. So in two days I will have two stacks, and in three days I will have exactly 57 rows. Then I'll start sewing the rows together. But I did miss a day. I had to work late a week ago to finish the books for the thrift shop. I am the new bookkeeper, and the books are due on Wednesday morning. So I thought, what could it hurt, if I don't sew two stacks together, just once? Well the result was, I didn't want to continue. The next day, when it was time to sew the usual two stacks, I had so much resistance, it was scary. But I did what I needed to do and have struggled to sew my quota every day since. I even made up the day that I missed by sewing extra over the weekend. So that is the real reason for working on something daily, other than that it gets done. Momentum occurs. It does seem a little rigid, I suppose, to insist that I sew together two stacks every day, but I've come a long way, and it's going to be a stunning piece of work. I was going to lay it out when I got to this point. I tried laying out the stack at the top. It was a lot of work, and I don't think it'll be any harder to lay out when I get to two stacks in two days. So I'll wait until then. I've already seen a square that I might want to turn before I start sewing the rows together.

No comments:

Post a Comment