Sunday, January 16, 2011

Progress on the January UFO

Here are before and after pictures of the quilting on this quilt. Originally, the top thread broke everywhere because the thread was sewn on way too tight. The back thread was intact, so I loaded up a bobbin with variegated pastel rayon thread and machine quilted over the broken stitches from the back. I wasn't sure if it would work, but it went very well. I had to fill the bobbin about eight times because of the thickness of the thread. Last weekend I stitched one bobbin's worth. Today I told myself that if I didn't do one more bobbin, then I wasn't serious about finishing this quilt. So I got up to the sewing machine and finished the whole thing! The next step is to pull out some of the old thread. Not all of it, just the bits that are obvious.

1 comment: