Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December UFO

I bought this quilt top at a flea market in Arkansas when my little sister was working there many years ago. It was musty so I washed it, and it started to fall apart. So my intention was to pick apart the seams that were not sewn well and sew them back together. This ended up being almost all of the seams. My project for 2011 was to finish putting it back together, and I've done that. It is a wild and crazy strip quilt. I like it very much; I hope to quilt it someday and keep it for myself.

3 comments:

  1. I can see why you like it. So neat and modern looking. You're going to have a great quilt when it is quilted. Congrats and congrats on getting 12 out of 12 - woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun looking top! I hope you do get it quilted! I have a top my husband bought in similar shape (except I didn't wash it--someone else has) I sympathize with what a big task repiecing is--not sure mine will get that careful treatment--but it's not as great a quilt as yours! Congrats on your fabulous UFO finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful treasure - just about made it yourself too. Thanks for sharing it with us. Judy C

    ReplyDelete