I made the inside of this quilt top many years ago. I invented a quick piecing method to generate reversed squares. The four-triangle blocks were quick pieced but planned in a way that would place triangles of the same color around every square. It was a complicated method, but I gave a workshop at the Herring Run Quilt Guild anyway. Someone actually made one of these by following my directions. I have made several, but this was the largest. The original piece was longer, so I removed a few rows to save a bit for myself.
This top was shifted among various boxes and drawers for about 20 years. When I heard that Judy Laquidara was volunteering to put together quilts for the people of Bastrop, Texas who lost their homes in the fires this summer, I decided to finish the top according to her specifications and send it to her along with a backing and binding. I thought this would take half a Saturday in September, but I underestimated how long it would take to assemble the parts. I had to find an appropriate border, which was hard, because colors and styles have changed in twenty years. But here it is, ready to go.
Here are the backing and binding in the shipping box. I am going to buy a nice batting to pack it up tight, and ship it to Judy in Texas tomorrow.