Sunday, July 10, 2011

Quilty knitting

I finished a baby blanket for Project Linus last week at family camp. They wanted more blankets that were suitable for boys, and I thought the magenta and earth tone variegated yarn that they had donated to our knitting group might work. The pattern I chose needed more yarn than there was of the variegated yarn, so I used a compatible solid for the center of the blanket.

This is a close-up of the test patch for the next blanket, which will use up odds and ends of yarn. It's a seed stitch with each square 15 stitches x 24 rows, which comes out more or less square.

No comments:

Post a Comment