...at the last minute of course. This picture was taken before I put the binding on, but today I put the binding on, and I just clipped the last thread a few minutes ago (11:15 p.m. my time). It is just under four feet square. The fabrics I used are: a few traditional cotton quilting fabrics, lamé, glittery net, a few different sheer and satin fabrics, silk, gilded kid leather, corduroy, velvet, microsuede, and chiffon. It was inspired by a sheer nylon quilt I saw in a book by Yoshiko Jinzenji. I pulled the book out today and saw that it was published in 2003. That was about when I started this quilt. After I got the top together, one of the lame fabrics shredded. So I had to pluck out 52 squares and replace them with a stabilized version. I could not quilt it at the time, so I considered myself defeated. This time I built a frame to quilt it. I backed the quilt with sheer fabric and pinned the top to the backing with straight pins. I taped the backing to the frame and stitched every row in the ditch. In this picture it is slightly backlit, hanging from a rafter in my sewing room. The detail shows some of the sheer fabrics.