Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Scrap triangles

I am in the process of using up my 20-year collection of triangles. This is one of the products of that effort. I machine quilted the border only and put a binding on it before I hand quilted the diamonds 1/4 inch away from the seam. I would have quilted in the ditch, but I pressed the triangle seams open to make the surface flat.
This little quilt, about two feet square, is amazingly not a UFO. I started it last month and finished it yesterday. Notice the bright square superimposed on the "barn raising" pattern of triangles. The corners of the square are the bright aqua triangles, one square in from the sides.

4 comments:

  1. I like it!, Cris -is this going to be a table topper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a keeper. I love the quilts in the previous post also. You have an eye for color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful....I have a bagillion HST saved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to put a sleeve on it so it can be a wall hanging. Then donate it to the church auction. I have enough wall quilts of my own, most of which are in a drawer!

    ReplyDelete