Sunday, February 6, 2011
I wish I could have finished this whole project today. But it's late, and I ran out of time to finish. Bindings take a long time! Seventeen years ago when I made this quilt, I bound it with a navy blue polyester bias tape. I didn't have enough, so I pieced in some other blue fabric, which faded over the years. I was in a hurry, so I tacked it down with a long running stitch. For many years I wanted to replace the binding on this quilt. This was chosen as the February UFO. So it's almost done! It was harder than I thought, but it worked out. Sometime this week it should be done, and I'll post a big picture of the whole thing.